What information we collect and what we do with it
1. When you register with My Fabric House we ask for information such as your name, address, delivery address, telephone number, email address, contact details and if you place an order your credit card details. We need this information to process your requests and recognize you as a registered customer. We may need to pass your contact information to our couriers in case they need to contact you to arrange the delivery of your order.
2. We keep a record of the orders you have placed with My Fabric House so we can provide you with an efficient, reliable service and deal with any problems quickly. We analysis our product range and make sure that our product selection meets the demand from our customers. It also means we can send you the most relevant offers through email or post.
3. We keep a record of any emails or other messages you may send us, this helps us provide the customer services to you.
4. We may record telephone calls for training purposes and to improve the quality of our customer service.
5. We track visits made to our website so we can see which products and pages are the most popular. This allows us to improve our product selection and website to make shopping at My Fabric House more enjoyable. This tracking is anonymous; we do not know your personal details.
6. We may receive information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. For example we update address information using the Royal Mail Change of Address file which we may use to change our records and deliver your catalogues.
Help prevent fraud (we may check your credit rating with credit agencies such as Equifax. We may check credit card details with our credit agency and reserve the right to refuse orders on this basis. At all times where we disclose your information it will remain secure).
How you can instruct us
My Fabric House will not share, sell or pass your personal information on to any third parties unless you consent to this. Information provided will only be used by our employees for the purposes of customer orders, communications and marketing. When you register with My Fabric House you will be given the option to receive fabulous promotional emails from us. If you would like to receive these emails please select the tick box on the registration page. If you do not tick this box you will not receive these promotional emails. You can unsubscribe by logging into My Account, under person details section, click edit and select unsubscribe. Alternatively you may send us an email to CustomerCare@MyFabricHouse.co.uk. We will remove your email address from our marketing records. We may also send you the My Fabric House catalogue by post to your registered account address. If you do not want to receive catalogues from us please send an email to CustomerCare@MyFabricHouse.co.uk.
You can set your website to reject cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings not to accept cookies. The help option on your web browser should explain how to do this or you can go to http://www.ehow.com/how_18044_delete-cookies.html for more details about cookies and how to reject them. However please be aware that you may not be able to access the My Fabric House website (like most shopping websites) without cookies enabled.
How we protect your information
My Fabric House utilises the highest level of standard socket layer technology (SSL) Data Encryption (128 bit) commercially available (provided by Geotrust) to encrypt all your personal information. All the information transmitted between your computer and our servers is encrypted from the moment you log into our website; this includes the transmission of your username and password for the purpose of authenticating you and granting access to your account. You can check if your data is being transmitted securely by paying attention to the padlock usually located on the corner of your browser. To verify our SSL certificate please click on the padlock. An SSL certificate must be issued by an authorised third party and usually runs over a period of 12 months.
Removal of Information
You have the right to remove your personal information and change your preferences at any time, please email us at CustomerCare@MyFabricHouse.co.uk. Please include your name, address, account number and/or the e-mail address when contacting us.
If you have any questions or you are unsure about the personal account information we are holding in your name please contact us. We will happily review your file and update your records if required. You can also check the account information we are holding online by logging into My Account and going to ’My Details’ section. If you wish to make enquiry about any aspect of the foregoing, please contact
Notification of Changes
My Fabric House may revise this Privacy Statement at any time by updating this posting. Any such revisions will take effect as of the date they are posted here.